Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How can I get ink from my printer out of my carpet?

The ink accidently sprayed on my carpet. Is there anything that will take this out?How can I get ink from my printer out of my carpet?
Liquid printer ink is generally solvent based and will require a solvent to clean. Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is a rather mild solvent, but it will work for most inks.





Blot up as much as possible with a dry towel, and be sure to work from the outer edge toward the center of the spill. Then dampen a clean, white cotton towel with isopropyl alcohol (do not pour alcohol directly onto the carpet), and blot the stain. Repeat until ink is no longer being transferred onto the towel. If there's still a stain, try blotting with household hydrogen peroxide on a white cotton towel. Alcohol will dry out, but if you use peroxide you will need to rinse thoroughly with water.How can I get ink from my printer out of my carpet?
Spray the area really well with hair spray. Blot the ink up well with plenty of paper towel. DO NOT rub the hairspray in. Re apply more hair spray if it doesn't all come up right away. Then, use a damp cloth to remove the hair spray residue. Blot well with paper towel. Good luck!!!!
I suggest scrubbing REALLY good with soap. A good type of soap though.
Folex!





Get it at your local supermarket in the cleaning isle.





It takes out everything
Try Oxyclean. Its alot safer than most chemicals.
DON'T LET IT DRY!!!!!! Getting out wet stains is WAY easier than dried ones. Spray shout on it and cover with Saran wrap until you can do something else.





Meanwhile, go to Target/Walmart / Etc and buy a Bissell little green machine. It'll cost $40, but it will be very worth it. Bring it home and use it, it should work. I've seen it get nasty things out of my carpet.
i would try TIDE-TO-GO. that stuff's amazing
if it is fresh ammonia might work. i got ink everywhere once while refilling cartridge. good luck.
bleach it
hair spray...spray till wet...blot with a WHITE paper towel. Get up as much as you can...use a stain remover and clean the carpet. (never use bleach on a carpet...it eats the fibers, not to mention bleaching it)
If none of those suggestions work. then buy a little area rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment