Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have a laser printer - but only have clear labels for an ink jet printer. Will it work?

I can't find the right size of labels for a laser printer - so I bought the ones for an ink jet. I know that if I did it the other way around (used laser printer labels on an ink jet printer - that they wouldn't dry). But - can I use ink jet labels on a laser printer?I have a laser printer - but only have clear labels for an ink jet printer. Will it work?
it MIGHT work but if your laser printer has a heating element inside..it would likely melt your labels and ruin the printer. They're a clear ';plastic-like'; labels, right? If so, give the manufacturer a call and see what they'd suggest. Tell them what you want to do, and maybe they'll tell you you're ';good to go';..if not..they'll tell u what labels to get to achieve the outcome you're looking for.I have a laser printer - but only have clear labels for an ink jet printer. Will it work?
Clear labels should not be used in a laserjet printer. The laserjet printers use heat to make the text/images stick to the paper, clear labels are plastic and will melt or in some cases the heat lifts the labels off of the contact paper and will stick to the interior surfaces of the printer and always in places that you can't get to easily to remove them.





So the answer to your question is NO!.
no two difforent kinds of printers you can get what you need real cheap at staples or wall mart just tell them your printer brand they will help you
No. Those are plastic labels they will melt into your fuser causing permanent damage.
Yes. And please don't forget to vote best answer after you've proved me right ;)
probably, you'll want to check the package. Laser printers get hot, and sometimes they'll make plastic things like those labels melt. You don't want that.
Nope...those may actually melt in the printer ...I wouldnt use those...
no... the fuser will melt/ ruin the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment