Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am working on a wood project and want to put a picture I printed up from my ink jet printer onto it so its?

more permanent but don't want the ink to run. Any suggestions?I am working on a wood project and want to put a picture I printed up from my ink jet printer onto it so its?
You can use reverse printing onto transfer paper. The kind that will transfer the image onto a tee shirt, for example, I think it would also transfer on to the wood and you could seal it in place with a clear finish. Try it on a piece of scrap first to see if it will do what you want.I am working on a wood project and want to put a picture I printed up from my ink jet printer onto it so its?
Normaly, I would suggest you pick up some decopage from a local craft and hoby store, but I believe it is water based and most ink-jet colors will run.





One suggestion I can offer is for you get some special water resistant inks used to make archived photos from an ink jet.





Another suggestion is perhaps to get some fabric transfer paper from the computer store. Print your image, transfer it to a piece of fabric THEN decoupage it to your piece of wood.





In either case, try this on a scrap piece of wood before you do it to your final piece. Good luck.
  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment