Monday, December 21, 2009

Can I use printer ink for my fountain pen?

I was wondering if there is any reason why I couldn't use inkjet refill ink for my fountain pen. Would it clog up too much? has anyone else tried it?Can I use printer ink for my fountain pen?
The main problem is that the printer ink has substances in it to make it dry instantly when in contact with paper. This will clog up your fountain pen instantly. Stick to a fountain pen ink which is formulated for free flow through your nib.Can I use printer ink for my fountain pen?
Printing ink is very expensive mine works out at 拢14 in English money for 5ml, (a teaspoonful). The only reason that I would use it was if I were to want to touch up a large print that needed so little work that it would not be worth editing the pic in Photoshop and reprinting. But then I would use a fine paintbrush, mapping pen or a Rotring type pen.
I think the cost would be the main problem. Per weight printer ink is more expensive than gold. so it would be a bit wasteful putting it in a pen when you could just go out and buy some more of the correct ink
No you can't because the inks are different.
yes


you can do it one time


then the pen will clog permanently
I'm not a multi-multi millionaire.
no you cant it is a totally different sort of ink and would ruin your pen

No comments:

Post a Comment