Friday, December 25, 2009

Would my printer work if I injected non-printer ink into an empty cartridge?

I need a to print something in glittery gold but they don't sell that type of ink for my HP Photosmart printer. Would it work if I put a non-printer ink, lets say acrylic or oil-based paint, into an empty magenta cartridge, and then whatever I want as glittery gold, I color magenta so my printer associates it with the magenta ink cartridge when in fact it is filled with my glittery gold ink.Would my printer work if I injected non-printer ink into an empty cartridge?
No you can't. Especially with glitter. The glitter would just clog up the print cartridge and then you'd lose the cartridge and all the ink. If however it does print, he is right, you will kill your print head. The main thing to consider is that printers are designed for either water, alcohol, or oil based inks, and non-printer ink, 99% of the time doesn't comply to either one... I can guarantee glitter ink will mess up your printer. Sorry :(





Hope this helps!





-RandallWould my printer work if I injected non-printer ink into an empty cartridge?
You could do that if the ink is mixing right, then your printer print-head will be toast forever. But, if you have a lexmark inkject, all you need is replace the whole cartridge with a set of new nozzles.
does your hp have six cartidges?





you can possibly do this, but it could be a bad experience (and it could be okay). what i would suggest is flushing the cart you want to use out with windex first. then refill the now cleaned out cart with your gold ink. then try exactly what you suggest above.





as someone else mentions, you could potentially ruin your print head this way. if you don't, and ever want to go back to magenta ink, then flush your cartridge out again and clean your print-head carrier really gently with cotton swabs and windex or rubbing alcohol.





if you want other advice on which printer might be better for this, feel free to ask again!
I would avoid doing that, it could really damage the printer. Instead try a printing service (could be much cheaper than having to buy a new printer), or getting a gold glitter pen, print your material in light yellow and just go over it with the glitter pen.


Good luck!
I recommend not to do that!!!


1st of all, you'll will ruin your printer - definitely this will be happening.


2nd, when you print on a Jet printer, the color are mixing each other, so where you have let's say Yellow in fact you have a mix of yellow with some magenta and maybe cyan. so, if you dare to risk your printer, which i not suggest, try printing the paper twice. one print with all the image,, and then, pull out all other cartridges except the one filled with your color and print again, only that color you filled up!
If you put either acrylik and/or oil-based paint into any sort of regular commercial ink jet printer, it will definitely not work. In the best case scenario you will end up just having a mess. The ink cartridges have special ink heads that release the ink when a signal comes in, those ';gates'; will be complitely blocked and jammed if you put either acrylik or oil-based, because those kind of paints have particles that are way bigger than regular ink. Maybe if you dilute the paint you will ge ta better result, but i still doubt the priter will do a great job.


On the other side, HP cartridges are the worse one for refill, since they have a special chip in them that once the cartridge is empty the ink heads will no longer work. Even if you were to empty a new cartridge i doubt you will be able to get anything of good quality.





I hope this was of any help. I really don't know if there is any way of getting that kind of printing you want. I would try contacting some company that does flyers and stuff, maybe that way you will get better results.





or





you can always just try and prove me wrong :)
  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment